HOUSTON - Sharye Fabbri got her phone camera rolling when she heard an electric guitar echoing through her Cypress area neighborhood Tuesday.
Fabbri wrote on Facebook with video of the moment: “I ran outside as fast as I could. … Our neighborhood just pulled together through some serious devastation.”
- High water locations in Houston area
- Lakewood Church opens as shelter to Harvey victims after Joel Osteen…
- Curfews in effect for Houston-area cities due to Harvey
- More than 13,000 people rescued from Harvey in Houston, surrounding…
- Looters, take note: You'll face harsher penalties for targeting Harvey victims
Someone was playing the “Star-Spangled Banner” as loud as possible as neighbors were picking up the pieces after flooding from Hurricane Harvey.
Cheers can be heard throughout the area after the epic guitar solo.
While Fabbri’s home didn’t flood, she told KPRC 2 that several of her neighbors’ homes did, and numerous rescues were made on Monday nearby.
“After all the devastation, it was the most uplifting feeling of hope to hear this, and to see the community supporting each other,” Fabbri wrote to KPRC 2. “Such a beautiful calmness in the air, as if everyone was standing there saluting an imaginary American flag that has been battered, but still there.”
Watch the full video above.
Copyright 2017 by KPRC Click2Houston - All rights reserved.