Officials confirm 48 flood-related deaths in 4 counties
HOUSTON – The death toll from Harvey slamming into the Texas coast continues to rise as catastrophic floodwaters recede.
Harris County flood-related deaths (35):
Officials have confirmed 30 drownings in Harris County due to Houston-related flooding.
(6) The bodies of six family members were found in a submerged van Wednesday afternoon. Two great-grandparents -- Manuel Saldivar, 84, and Belia Saldivar, 81 -- along with 16-year-old Devorah, 14-year-old Dominic, 8-year-old Xavier Saldivar and 6-year-old Daisy Saldivar were found inside the van near Greens Bayou.
(7) The body of Alexander Kwoksum Sung, 64, was discovered at 915 College Ave. in South Houston on Aug. 27 around 2:30 p.m. Officials said he was found at his workplace surrounded by debris. Officials said Sung drowned in the floodwaters.
(8) Batool Qasem, 76, was found floating in floodwater near a vehicle at 7 Warrenton Dr. on Aug. 26 around 9:15 p.m.
(9) Travis Lynn Callihan, 45, got out of his vehicle and fell into floodwaters. He was taken to Memorial Hermann Hospital Memorial City where he was pronounced dead.
(10) Agnes Stanley, 89, was found floating in four feet of floodwater inside a home at 4311 Meyerwood Dr. on Aug. 27 around 10:30 a.m.
(11) HPD Sgt. Steve Albert Perez was found by the Houston Police Department dive team submerged in over 14 feet of water on Aug. 29 around 9 a.m. His body was found at 800 North Sam Houston Parkway.
(12) The body of Charles Ray James, 65, was found floating in high water near 7414 Claiborne Street on Aug. 29 around 11 a.m. Authorities said he drowned.
(13) Benito Cavazos, 42, was found face down in a parking lot on Aug. 29 around 11 a.m. after floodwaters receded near the intersection of the East Freeway and Holland Avenue. Authorities said he drowned.
(14) Calvin Oran, 54, was found in a grassy area near 13401 East Freeway on Aug. 29 around 12:30 p.m. Authorities said he drowned.
(15) Witnesses said Andre Pasek, 25, stepped on a live electrical wire in floodwaters at 1861 Old Spanish Trail. He dies of electrocution, authorities said.
(17) Jorge Raul Perez, 33, and Yahir Rubio-Vizuet, 45, were found floating in floodwater near 12800 Texaco Road on Aug. 29 around 3:45 p.m. Authorities said they drowned.
(18) Samuel Lawrence Burns, 62, drowned in floodwaters near 4903 Airline Dr. His body was found around 10 a.m. on Aug. 27.
(19) The body of Colby Henry Osorno, 24, was found in Greens Bayou in Baytown near 2651 S. Hwy. 146 on Aug. 31 around 12:35 p.m.
(20) The body of Wilma Ratcliff Ellis, 73, was found floating during a Coast Guard search and rescue operation on Aug. 28 around 6:30 p.m.
(21) The body of Ruben Clifford Jordan, 58, was found floating in floodwaters near 3000 W. Bay Area Blvd. on Aug. 29 around 12:30 p.m.
(22) On Aug. 28 around 1 a.m., the body of Victor Manuel Acevedo, 67, was found in an alleyway after floodwaters receded near 507 Arkansas St.
(23) The body of Martin Salazar, 49, was found in a ditch near 5125 Preston Ave. on Aug. 30 around 2:45 p.m. Authorities said he was attempting to evacuate his residence in Pasadena.
(24) The body of Michael Tucker, 66, was found floating in four feet of water near 6820 FM 1942 in Baytown. Authorities said he died after leaving his residence.
(25) The body of Keisha Monique, 32, was found on a fence after floodwaters receded near 12473 Woodforest Blvd. on Aug. 30 around 8:30 a.m.
(26) The body of Gustavo Hernandez Rodriguez, 40, was found on the banks of Greens Bayou near 12503 Province Point Drive on Aug. 31 around 2 p.m.
(27) The body of Benjamin Vizuet, 33, was found on the banks of Greens Bayou near 12801 Wallisville Road on Aug. 31 around 8 p.m.
(28) The body of Efrain Angel, 26, was found in a drainage ditch near Harris County Katy Park on Salt Grass Way around 10:30 a.m. on Aug. 29.
(29, 30) The body of Tomas Carreon Esquivel, 25, was found floating in Cypress Creek flood water in the 22000 block of Greenbrook Drive at 1:15 p.m. Sept. 1.The body of Alonso E Guillen, 31, was found in Cypress Creek on Sept. 3 around 1 p.m. Authorities said the two were companions.
(31) The body of Joseph Dwayne Dowell, 43, was found near 3500 N. Wayside Drive on Sept. 7 around 6:10 a.m. His body was found in a previously flooded wooded area.
(32) The body of Ella Renick White, 48, was found in the basement of the Omni Hotel after waters receded at 4 Riverway Drive on Sept. 7 around 9:15 a.m.
(33) The body of Cathy Harling Montgomery, 71, was found in a residence with flood damage at 12633 Memorial Dr. on Sept. 7 around 5:45 p.m. Authorities said she drowned.
(34) The body of Robert Arthur Haines, 71, was found in a flooded residence at 754 Langwood Drive on Sept. 3 around 1 p.m.
(35) The body of Gary Wayne Sanchez, 58, was found floating in the Houston Ship Channel about 2 p.m. on Aug. 31.
The Harris County Institute of Forensic Sciences confirmed these deaths and is investigating 7 more deaths that may be flood-related.
Fort Bend County flood-related deaths (2):
Two people drowned after driving into high water on Pool Hill Road near Simonton, the Fort Bend County Sheriff's Office said. Fort Bend County Sheriff's Maj. Chad Norvell says the couple was on the phone with 911 asking for help when the line went silent. When officers found the truck, it was completely submerged.
Norvell identified the couple as 65-year-old Donald Rogers and 58-year-old Rochelle Rogers.
Galveston County flood-related deaths (6):
Six people were killed. Officials have not released the identity of the victims.
Montgomery County flood-related deaths (5):
Five people have been killed due to flooding.
A woman was killed by a tree while she was sleeping in her home, officials said.
Officials said a person drowned after driving around a barricaded area.
Three other victims died, but authorities have not released any information.
Copyright 2017 by KPRC Click2Houston - All rights reserved.