On Houston Life we’re meeting the man behind, Texas Eats, the television show dedicated to the best dishes in the Lone Star state. He’s sharing the best local spots you have to try:
- an award-winning TV Personality who’s popular local food segments in San Antonio launched into a state-wide, one-hour food and travel show in 2020.
- Executive Producer and Host of the TV show Texas Eats
- Went to high school in New Braunfels
- Moved to San Antonio to attend the San Antonio College for Web Design & Graphic Design and the University of Texas in San Antonio for Marketing.
- Started working for KSAT 12 in the summer of 2015 as the Graphic Coordinator
- and is now the new Multimedia Journalist for SA Live.
HIS PASSION FOR FOOD
- At a young age, learned cooking techniques and recipes from his mother
- His first job in high school was at a popular Texas BBQ chain.
- And later worked in an upscale, award-winning Hill Country Bistro and vineyard.
- He started as a cold-side cook, and became a head grill chef at the age of 19.
- David worked both back of house and front of house positions in restaurants across Central Texas, learning how to serve guests and create unforgettable dining experiences.
ABOUT TEXAS EATS
- Texas Eats is a Texas food and travel show highlighting the rich and diverse food culture from around the Lone Star State
- Texas Eats is the #1 food and travel show in central and south Texas airing in San Antonio on KSAT12 every Saturday at 10AM & 11PM
- and in Houston on KPRC2 every Sunday at 1030AM.
- in the Houston edition you get to see local restaurants from across the state
FILMING THIS WEEK AT THESE HOUSTON SPOTS:
-Galveston Bagel Company
- Twisted Grilled Cheese
- Blood Bros BBQ
- Noodle Master
- Bonnie’s Donuts
- Michoacán a pedir de Boca
- Rooster & Rice