School lunch ideas are on the menu!
The first week of school is one of the busiest weeks of the year for many families, and packing a healthy lunch is just one more thing to worry about.
Depending on your schedules, prepping lunch on the weekends for the week ahead, prepping the night before or prepping the morning of could make a huge difference.
And you can't forget about snacks to keep kids fueled throughout the day!
Click, here, to check out 13 healthy no-bake lunchbox treat ideas kids will be excited for.
Mary Ellen shares kid-tested ideas to make lunchtime a snap.
NECESSARY NUTRIENTS NEEDED IN DAILY LUNCHES
Fruits and, or veggies, more whole grains, fat, protein and less added sugar are all necessary in every day lunches.
- Remember that large serving sizes can be overwhelming
- Stick to small servings of lots of foods
- Keep in mind how long kids have for lunch
- Favorite preschool lunchbox: Bentgo kids
ELEMENTARY SCHOOL LUNCHBOX
- Same concept at the preschool lunchbox, but slightly larger serving sizes
- You don't necessarily have to stick with finger foods
- Homemade lunchables can be made with the help of your little ones with their favorite healthy foods
MIDDLE SCHOOL AND HIGH SCHOOL LUNCHES
- Sandwiches, whole grains, and protein bars are easy lunch ideas
- Fat and protein are key, larger serving sizes are necessary
- Consider snacks after extracurricular activities
- Favorite lunchbox: Easy lunchboxes
Watch the full clip above for tips to create a homemade lunchable and an easy granola recipe.
To connect with Mary Ellen, click here