MISSOURI CITY, Texas - Fort Bend County officials said a confirmed tornado touched down Saturday night in the Missouri City area.
According to the Missouri City Office of Emergency Management, a tornado touched town around 8:15 p.m. near Texas Parkway at Columbia Blue Drive.
- Harvey downgraded to Tropical Depression, catastrophic flooding continues
- WEATHER ALERT: Warnings, watches issued for area counties
- Damage reported in Cypress after apparent tornado
- Check bayou levels, rainfall totals across Houston area
- High water locations in Houston area
- Tornado touches down in Sienna Plantation
- Power outages reported across Houston area
The wind damaged a nearby KFC restaurant, officials said.
The Fort Bend County Sheriff's Office said a tornado sighting took place shortly after 8 p.m. in the area of Highway 90 near Texas Parkway.
Stafford police tweeted that there was a possible tornado sighting at S. Main Street at FM 2234.
And another tornado sighting occurred in the 800 block of Robins Way in Stafford.
Copyright 2017 by KPRC Click2Houston - All rights reserved.