HOUSTON – If you’re headed out this weekend, here’s a heads-up on a few closures happening. KPRC 2 Traffic Expert Anavid Reyes reached out to the Texas Department of Transportation, and they said closures that are already in place, will remain in place. These closures are weather-dependent, and could be rescheduled due to inclement conditions. Drive carefully!
- Katy Freeway: The eastbound connector ramp to IH-610 West Loop/ US 290 direct connector will have a total closure on Friday, March 24 from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. Monday, March 27.
- The Southwest Freeway northbound connector ramp to the IH-610 West Loop northbound main lanes will have a total closure continuously from 8 p.m., Friday, March 24 to 5 a.m., Monday, March 27.
- The Southwest Freeway southbound connector ramp to the IH-610 West Loop southbound main lanes will have a total closure continuously from 8 p.m., Friday, March 24 to 5 a.m., Monday, March 27.
- IH-45 Gulf Freeway southbound between FM 528 and SH 96 two alternating lanes will be closed starting Friday, March 24 at 9pm until Monday, March 27 at 5 a.m. To facilitate the work, crews will also need to close the I-45 eastbound ramp to the NASA Flyover, the I-45 southbound exit ramp to FM 518, I-45 southbound exit ramp to SH 96, and the I-45 southbound entrance ramp from Bay Area Blvd. at the same time as the I-45 mainlane closure.
- Starting Friday, April 29 at 9 p.m., crews will close the I-69 Southwest Freeway southbound connector ramp to I-610 West Loop southbound for two years.
- The Westheimer Road entrance ramp from the Galleria towards the West Loop southbound main lanes will be closed for the next 9-12 months.
- The southbound I-45 North Freeway service road, south of Cypresswood Drive, is closed due to the Cypress Creek Bridge being reconstructed by TxDOT. If you need to get a location south of the area towards FM-1960, you need to get on the main lanes of I-45 and exit at Richey Road.
Houston TranStar has a full list of active closures, for a full updated list, click here.