HOUSTON – If you’re headed out this weekend, construction could impact your drive. Here is a list we’ve compiled with the information we have so far from the Texas Department of Transportation, just in case.
Houston TranStar has a full list of active closures, as they finalize the projects that will continue this weekend. For a full updated list, click here.
KPRC 2 traffic expert Anavid Reyes has assembled this list of work-zone hot spots that are confirmed as of Friday morning.
- On Saturday, September 18 between 7a.m. and 7p.m., crews will close the I-69 Southwest Freeway northbound main lanes at I-610 West Loop. Then on Sunday, September 19 between 7a.m. and 7p.m., crews will close the I-69 Southwest Freeway southbound main lanes at I-610 West Loop. This closure is in effort to re-open the northbound connector ramp from the Southwest Freeway to the West Loop northbound main lanes in October.
- The Gulf Freeway will have a closure all weekend long. This will not be a complete highway closure. In fact, just three main lanes with shut down traveling northbound starting Friday night at 9 p.m. Lanes should open back up 5 a.m.
- The westbound connector ramp on the East Freeway to IH-69 Eastex Freeway will have a complete closure starting late this weekend. The connector ramp will close nightly from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. from Sunday, September 19 to Friday, September 24. The detour in the area: Continue west to San Jacinto Street, U-turn to IH 10 east to IH 69 north ramp. Weather permitting.
- There will be a total closure on Richmond Avenue this weekend. This road will be closed continuously from 9 p.m., Friday, September 17 to 5 a.m., Monday, September 20. Eastbound traffic detour: take IH 610 southbound frontage road; turn left onto S. Rice Ave. Turn left onto Westpark Dr. Turn left onto IH 610 Northbound Frontage Rd. Continue to Richmond Ave; Westbound traffic to take IH 610 Northbound Frontage Rd. Turn left onto Westheimer Rd. Turn left onto S. Post Oak Blvd. Continue to Richmond Ave.
- Crews have closed the I-69 Southwest Freeway southbound exit to Chimney Rock is currently closed for about six weeks for work on the interchange project.
- The I-69 Southwest Freeway northbound connector ramp to I-610 West Loop northbound long-term closure is in full effect. This closure will be in place for a long time. We’re talking close to a year.
- The southbound main lanes will be impacted by construction from Louetta to N. Bridgeland Lake Parkway near the Katy area. One lane will be continuously closed now, until 9 a.m. Monday, Nov. 8.
75th Street Bridge over Brays Bayou
- Crews will shut down the 75th Street bridge over Brays Bayou for bridge repairs. This closure is now active and will be in place for a year. An alternate route in the area to consider is Harrisburg to Wayside.