Weekend construction you need to be aware of before heading out
HOUSTON – Many of you will be out and about as a result of the state’s updated stay-at-home order. If you head out this weekend, there’s some weekend construction you need to be aware of.
KPRC 2′s new traffic anchor Anavid Reyes has a look at this weekend’s traffic.
Drivers should be aware of the following closures in the Houston area this weekend:
610 West Loop
- Northbound and southbound lanes will close from the Southwest Freeway to Fournace Place. This will be a nightly closure from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. until Friday, May 29. Traffic will be detoured to respective frontage roads and use the next available entrance ramp.
- The southbound lanes here at the South Loop will experience a total closure continuously from 8 p.m. Friday, May 22 to 5 a.m., Monday, May 25. The detour in this area is to take a right on IH-610 westbound frontage road to Fannin Road. Then u-turn on Fannin Road to grab FM-521/Almeda Road.
- The northbound lanes will also experience a continuous closure. It starts 8 p.m. Friday, May 22 and will last until 5 a.m. Monday, May 25. The detour for this is to turn right on Magnet Street to East Almeda Street. Then, make a left on East Almeda Street to make your way to the IH-610 eastbound frontage road. After that, make a right on IH-610 eastbound frontage to Scott Street, left of Scott Street to Mainer Street, left on Mainer Street to Holly Hall. Continue on Holly Hall to Almeda/FM-521.
SH-288 in Brazoria County
- One northbound inside lane will close nightly from Croix Road/CR 58 to Clear Creek/Brazoria-Harris County line in Pearland. This is a nightly closure from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. from Wednesday, May 20 to Saturday, May 23.
- One eastbound and westbound inside lane and the exit ramp to Mason Road will be closed daily from 9 a.m. until 3 p.m. through Sunday, May 31.
Drivers, be sure to visit the Houston TranStar website at www.houstontranstar.org for a complete list of closures associated with this project. For more information on this work and scheduled lane closures in the Houston District contact Deidrea George at (713) 802-5072.
All closures are subject to change due to inclement weather @TxDOTHouston on Twitter and on Facebook at www.facebook.com/txdothouston.
Copyright 2020 by KPRC Click2Houston - All rights reserved.