HOUSTON - A woman was struck and killed by a tour bus in downtown on Tuesday.
The bus, which brings people to clinics from various areas of downtown, was heading to a clinic at the time of the accident. authorities said.
- Man struck, killed by vehicle while riding bike; police searching for driver
- Missing 74-year-old man found dead after being struck by vehicle in SW Houston
- Man struck, killed by vehicle in Meyerland area identified
- Pedestrian struck by car, run over by SUV on North Freeway near Parramatta Lane
- Pedestrian fatally struck by vehicle in NE Houston
Maria Zamarripa, 73, who authorities said was walking across Caroline Street in a crosswalk, was struck and killed by the bus, which was turning from St. Joseph Parkway around 3:50 p.m. Zamarripa was pronounced dead at the scene.
There were several people on the bus at the time.
Authorities said the bus driver failed to yield right of way to Zamarripa.
The driver, who remained at the scene, was determined to not be impaired at the time of the fatal accident.
The investigation is ongoing and no charges have been filed at this time.
Copyright 2017 by KPRC Click2Houston - All rights reserved.