TOMBALL, Texas – Early Thursday morning an apartment building in Tomball caught fire and flames quickly ripped into the sky.
“It’s heart-wrenching and it just happened so fast,” said Jamie Dixon, who moved into the apartment complex two months ago.
Dixon said she woke up, smelled smoke and went outside.
“And I saw flames and I kind of stood there in shock for a second,” said Dixon.
Then she and her husband grabbed their daughters and ran across the street to safety as the blaze continued to burn.
“I just watched it spread from that corner towards our apartment and all I kept thinking was, 'Oh my God, we are going to lose everything… My baby daughter right here was crying and all she kept saying was, ‘Our house, our house. Where we going to live?’” exclaimed Dixon.
Dixon said the experience was traumatic for her 4-year-old daughter, who kept begging for one thing.
“She wanted her bear-bears, that’s all she wanted. She kept saying, 'Oh no, my bear-bears, oh no, my bear-bears,” said Dixon.