Frozen pool pump overheats, catches garage on fire, officials say
HOUSTON – A family woke up to fire alarms Saturday morning when their pool pump froze overnight and caught fire from overheating.
The Houston Fire Department said the family got out of their home near Cedar Creek Court and Cedar Creek Drive around 8 a.m. Satruday after the garage caught fire. No injuries were reported.
The homeowner said they lost both of their cars in the fire and almost lost their home, too, but firefighters caught the blaze in time before it spread to the house.
Copyright 2017 by KPRC Click2Houston - All rights reserved.