HOUSTON – [CHECK THE INTERACTIVE RADAR]
Portions of Highway 6 will be closed from Clay Rd. to Park Row for up to six weeks, according to Harris County Judge Ed Emmett. Use FM 529 as an alternate route.
North-south North Eldridge Parkway is impassable from Dairy-Ashford to Clay Road.
North-south Barker-Cypress Road is impassable from Groeschke Road to South Parkview Road.
The east-west Clay Road is impassable from SH 6 to Brittmore Drive. TXDOT has coordinated with the Harris County Toll Road Authority to waive tolls at the Clay Road southbound entrance ramp to the Sam Houston Parkway toll road for the duration of this closure.
All internal roads in the Addicks Reservoir, including Patterson Road, Bear Creek Drive and War Memorial Street, are impassable.
The east-west Westheimer Parkway is impassable through Barker Reservoir, from FM 1093 to South Fry Road.
South Barker-Cypress Road from Westheimer Parkway to FM 1093 is impassable.
Roads around Cypress Creek in northwest Harris County may also be closed for extended periods of time.
List of high water locations around the Houston area as of 5 a.m. Friday:
- IH-10 EAST Westbound At LOCKWOOD DR Right Shoulder,Right Lane,2 Center Lanes
- US-59 EASTEX Southbound At IH-610 NORTH LOOP Left Lane
- US-59 Northbound At BRAZOS RIVER 1 Frontage Road Lane
- US-59 Southbound At BRAZOS RIVER 1 Frontage Road Lane
- FM-1462 Eastbound At BRAZOS RIVER/BRAZORIA-FORT BEND COUNTY LINE All Mainlanes
- FM-1462 Westbound At BRAZOS RIVER/BRAZORIA-FORT BEND COUNTY LINE All Mainlanes
- NORTH SAM HOUSTON TOLLWAY Eastbound At T C JESTER BLVD Left Lane
- SH-6 Northbound At PARK ROW to CLAY RD All Mainlanes Closed Continuous from Thursday, April 21, 2016 9:00 AM to Thursday, May 26, 2016 12:00 PM
- SH-6 Southbound At CLAY RD to PARK ROW All Mainlanes Closed Continuous from Thursday, April 21, 2016 9:00 AM to Thursday, May 26, 2016 12:00 PM
Get weather in the palm of your hand with our FREE Frank's Forecast Weather app:
Apple --> http://bit.ly/1ae9au1
Android --> http://bit.ly/HqqNR6
Pin your pics on the FREE KPRC 2 StormPins app:
Apple --> http://bit.ly/1lD1KXL
Android --> http://bit.ly/Sbni6s