HOUSTON – It’s Wine Club Wednesday! How does football and wine paired together sound to you?
Whether you love a red or a white, we’ve got your big game day wine pairings ready and both bottles are under $15. Unbeatable!
So, this year it’s time to switch things up. As you gear up for the big game this weekend with wings, barbecue, and burgers, push the beer aside and pour yourself a glass of wine.
H-E-B Wine Steward Jaime Shamburger is helping us kickstart the game with H-E-B wine favorites that match up to those game day foods.
Enough talking, let’s pop the bottles! Here’s everything you need to know about her top picks.
2019 BOULDER BANK SAUVIGNON BLANC
- Crisp, dry white with notes of grapefruit, lemongrass, and jasmine
- Sustainably farmed, Certified Vegan
- The bright acidity makes this a great wine to pair with creamy dishes (like dips) or spicy foods (like wings)
- New Zealand is world famous for their style of Sauvignon Blanc
- Winemaker Nick Goldschmidt lives in California but is from New Zealand. He makes wine in both countries, as well as Chile and Argentina
- Price: $13
2018 SANTA JULIA MOUNTAIN BLEND
- Blend of Cabernet Franc and Malbec from the Uco Valley in Mendoza, Argentina
- Rich red wine with notes of black cherry, violet, and tobacco
- The addition of Cabernet Franc gives the wine richer flavor, and a more powerful finish
- Great on its own, but a favorite pairing for burgers and bbq!
- Price: $13
Wine Club members have an opportunity to be on the live show!
We’re looking for enthusiastic Houstonians, wine lovers and Houston Life friends to join Courtney and Derrick during our live virtual wine tastings on Wine Club Wednesdays.
If you’re available from 2:30 p.m. to 4 p.m. on Wednesdays and can purchase and pick up the week’s featured wine from your local H-E-B, we want to hear from you!
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a small bio about yourself and your friend or loved one, and tell us why you two would love to be a part of the fun.