HOUSTON – If you feel extra tired and sluggish during winter, you might want to look for ways to boost your brain power.
Alternative medicine expert and bestselling author, Bryce Wylde, shares simple tips to help you focus and be more productive.
Wylde is the author of BrainSpanners: What have you done for your brain today? and the author of the national bestseller, The Antioxidant Prescription: How to Use the Power of Antioxidants to Prevent Disease and Stay Healthy for Life.
• Color up every day. Pack a lunch that consists largely of healthy fats, and a rainbow of fruits and veggies.
• When it comes to fats, out with bad and in with the good to fuel your brain. Sustainable Malaysian red palm oil is incredible healthy for your brain and you can also take it as supplements.
• Limit your caffeine consumption to roughly 3 cups of coffee and skip caffeine after 12 p.m..
• Set your alarm to employ a 50/10 rule; work for 50 minutes then take a break for 10 minutes. This has been shown to increase productivity.
3. LIGHTING AND EYE CARE
• A home office needs to be brightly lit, ideally with windows casting natural light and full spectrum bulbs.
• If you’re always in front of a computer, protect your eyes with blue light blockers.
To see Wylde’s complete interview, watch the video above.
To connect with Wylde, check his website here.