Cypress chef shares restaurant-style shrimp risotto recipe you can make at home
Derick Bulux is the executive chef of d’Vine Wine Bar & Bistro Restaurant
HOUSTON – A Taste of Cy-Fair is a food, wine and beer event happening in Cypress on Saturday, October 5.
The event features tasty bites from local restaurants, wines and beers from local breweries.
Proceeds from the event benefit Cy-Hope, an organization dedicated to making a difference in the lives of Cypress-area children in need.
The shrimp risotto from d'Vine Wine Bar & Bistro is always a popular bite for attendees.
Chef Derick Bulux shares his classic risotto recipe below.
6oz Yellow Onion (brunoised)
2 Garlic Cloves (minced)
8oz Butter (divided)
6oz Dry White Wine
1 ½ # Arborio Rice
2 ½ Quarts of Chicken
5oz Parmesan Cheese
Salt and Pepper (To Taste)
Serve with grilled shrimp
- In pan, add 4oz of butter, the onions and minced garlic and cook until translucent.
- Add the Arborio Rice and fold in with aromatics. It is very important to fold and not stir to keep the grains of the rice intact.
- Add white wine and reduce, once reduced add the chicken broth (warm) a little at a time. Keep adding broth as soon as the rice absorbs the liquid and repeat the process until rice is cooked.
- Last fold in the parmesan cheese and the rest of butter . Season to Taste.
- Serve with grilled shrimp
For more information on d'Vine Wine Bar & Bistro Restaurant, click here.
To learn more about A Taste of Cy-Fair, click here.
Copyright 2019 by KPRC Click2Houston - All rights reserved.