BRAZORIA COUNTY HEALTH
Lake Jackson residents in need of safe water after 6-year-old child dies from brain-eating amoeba in water supply
LAKE JACKSON, Texas – The city of Lake Jackson offered free cases of water Saturday afternoon after issuing a ‘Do Not Use’ water advisory that was later downgraded to a ‘Water Boil’ notice. The “Do Not Use” water advisory came after 6-year-old Josiah McIntye contracted a rare and fatal brain eating amoeba. Those samples came from the city’s splash pad storage tank, a downtown fire hydrant and the 6-year-old’s home. The advisory was lifted Saturday morning for all areas excluding Lake Jackson, which is currently under a ‘Boil Water’ notice. These services are limited to absolute necessity for those in Lake Jackson city limits.