HOUSTON – With their win over the Cincinnati Bengals on Saturday night, the Houston Texans clinched the AFC South division title for the second year in a row.
When Pittsburgh won the NFC North crown on Sunday, that clinched the third seed for the Steelers and the fourth seed for the Texans. The result of the Texans game at the Titans has no bearing on the Texans playoff seeding.
There are three possible opponents for the Texans in the wild card round.
Houston will host either Oakland, Kansas City or Miami.
Here are the remaining scenarios that will determine their opponent.
Texans will host Raiders if:
- Raiders lose at Broncos and Chiefs win at Chargers
Texans will host Chiefs if:
- Raiders win at Broncos and Chiefs win at Chargers OR
- Raiders win at Broncos, Chiefs lose at Chargers and Dolphins lose to Patriots OR
- Raiders lose, Chiefs lose, Dolphins lose
Texans will host Dolphins if:
- Dolphins win and Chiefs lose