HOUSTON - A driver was charged after a 2-year-old boy was killed Saturday in a multi-vehicle crash in north Houston, officials said.
Lakendra Nicholson, 36, is charged with intoxication manslaughter in connection with the crash that killed Isaiah Sherman, who police believe was not restrained in a car seat.
- Cement truck driver killed in rollover crash in Fort Bend County
- 18-wheeler catches fire after multi-vehicle crash on North Freeway at West Road
- 29 people hospitalized after Navasota ISD buses involved in crash
- 1 killed when SUV crashes into Halliburton sign in north Houston
- Hart family crash: Body ID'd as 12-year-old Ciera Hart
According to court documents, Nicholson was driving a white Cadillac CTS eastbound on Crosstimbers around 12:15 p.m. Police said she was driving erratically and switching lanes when she slammed into a gray Nissan Altima and then hit a black Pontiac, pushing it into a utility pole and a gold Toyota Camry. The Camry then hit a white commercial pickup truck, court documents said. The driver of the pickup truck pulled into a nearby parking lot and left the scene, according to court documents.
The people inside the Nissan, Pontiac and Toyota were taken to hospitals. Their conditions were not immediately released.
Nicholson was arrested at the scene.
She is being held on a $70,000 bond.
She is expected in court Monday.
Copyright 2018 by KPRC Click2Houston - All rights reserved.