HOUSTON - The Astros are coming in hot for the new season after a remarkable 2017 in which they earned a World Series championship.
On Wednesday afternoon, the organization held a media luncheon to debut the new slogan for 2018, #NeverSettle, and to lay out what fans can expect this year.
“We just want to make sure anyone who decided to spend their money coming to a ballgame that they’re going to get great value,” said Anita Sehgal, Astros senior vice president of marketing and communications.
That includes dressing up the ballpark's food menu.
“We’re looking at the quality on the field and we want to match the quality off the field as well, because that’s the expectation. Whether it’s a burger, whether it’s a dog, we need to up the ante every year,” said Dominic Soucie, the executive chef for Minute Maid Park, who works in collaboration with Aramark.
Here are the top five items you need to try when you go watch the Astros this season at Minute Maid Park.
- Loaded Taco Salad Tot (pictured above) - It’s a different take on tater tots. The dish starts off with the tots along with fried tortilla stripes, sour cream, beef picadillo, queso, iceberg lettuce, black bean pico, olives and Thousand Island sour cream dressing.
- Pork Cheese Steak - Chopped pork with caramelized peppers and onions with spicy jalapeno wiz on a jalapeno cheddar hoagie.
- Texas Brisket Cheese Steak - Chopped brisket with caramelized peppers and onions with spicy jalapeno wiz on a jalapeno cheddar hoagie.
- Foot Long BBQ Pork Dog (pictured at top of article) - Beer battered onion rings, bacon, cheddar cheese, barbecue sauce, jalapeno kale slaw on a jalapeno cheddar bun.
- Foot Long Caribbean Dog (pictured below) - Hot dog topped with braised pork, mango, black bean pico, guacamole and sour cream.
And for dessert, there's Jane Dough Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough.
Copyright 2018 by KPRC Click2Houston - All rights reserved.