Bail set at $100,000 for suspect in Josue Flores murder case

HOUSTON – The 27-year-old man arrested in connection to the stabbing death of 11-year-old Josue Flores appeared Saturday afternoon in probable cause court, where a judge read him his charges.

Andre Timothy Jackson Jr. is charged with murder. Police said Jackson was arrested at the Salvation Army on North Main Street Friday afternoon.

The Harris County District Attorney's Office request for a $100,000 bail was approved.

"When (Jakson and the victim) intersected, (Josue) was stabbed by the adult male multiple times," a prosecutor said, referring to the moment Jackson and Josue met. 

In court, Jackson admitted to being in the area at the time of the crime. However, he did not admit to killing Josue.

[VIDEO: Man charged with murder in Josue Flores murder case in court]

The prosecutor said, "There were a number of witnesses in the area, who heard the confrontation and were able to give police a description of the individual who had attacked the boy."

In court, investigators said Jackson was spotted wearing the jacket at least five times on surveillance footage at various businesses in the area. Eventually, Houston police were able to identify him after he used his debit card at an ATM. With that information, officers later discovered Jackson was staying at a local Salvation Army. 

Investigators said authorities recovered the distinctive jacket being worn by the suspect in surveillance video.

Investigators said Jackson had been living at the Salvation Army since mid-April. 

A woman living near the Salvation Army said she saw Jackson being carried away by police. 

"By the time we turned around, they already had him. They were coming out of the building," she said.

[VIDEO: Neighbors respond to Andre Jackson's arrest]

Jackson appeared before a judge Saturday afternoon.

During questioning, Jackson acknowledged he is the man seen on surveillance video running away on Fulton Street on May 17, the same day the boy was stabbed to death.

According to Jackson's criminal history, he was charged with trespassing in March 2016 and unlawful carrying of a weapon in May 2015.

Detectives said they have not found any connection between the suspect, who served as a Marine before being discharged in 2011, and Josue.