GATESVILLE, Texas - Selena Quintanilla’s killer is still alive, according to a Texas official.
After a viewer called asking the station to confirm that Yolanda Saldivar was found dead in her cell, we did some digging and learned from Robert Hurst, Texas Department of Criminal Justice public information officer, that she’s not dead.
More Entertainment Headlines
- Selena fans outraged over graphic leaked trailer for 'El Secreto de Selena'
- Selena festival keeps 'Queen of Tejano' legacy alive
- Commemorative Selena cups go on sale in March at Stripes gas stations
- Selena to be inducted Friday into Texas Women's Hall of Fame
- Selena wax figure unveiled at Madame Tussauds
- Selena nominated to get star on Hollywood Walk of Fame
- Remembering Selena on 21st anniversary of her death
Facebook posts and an online report are circulating saying that Saldivar is dead, but the periodic rumor is not true. She is alive and behind bars, serving a life sentence for murder with a deadly weapon.
“Yolanda Saldivar is not hospitalized, she is not dead,” Hurst said. “She is currently incarcerated at the Mountain View unit in Gatesville, Texas.”
Selena was fatally shot by Saldívar, her fan club's president, in 1995.
Copyright 2017 by KPRC Click2Houston - All rights reserved.