Olympic and World Champion Simone Biles is the gold standard.
The Laureus World Sports Awards announced Biles as the winner for World Sportswoman of the Year for the third year in a row. The Houston native won the award in 2017 alongside Usain Bolt and alongside Tiger Woods in 2018.
The best male and female athletes and teams are recognized by this prestigious honor.
The international sports award ceremony was held in Berlin on Monday.
The full list of winners is:
- Laureus World Sportsman of the Year: Lewis Hamilton and Lionel Messi
- Laureus World Sportswoman of the Year: Simone Biles
- Laureus World Team of the Year: South Africa Men’s Rugby Team
- Laureus World Breakthrough of the Year: Egan Bernal
- Laureus World Comeback of the Year: Sophia Flörsch
- Laureus World Sportsperson of the Year with a Disability: Oksana Masters
- Laureus World Action Sportsperson of the Year: Chloe Kim
- Laureus Best Sporting Moment: ‘Carried on the shoulders of a nation’ – Sachin Tendulkar
- Laureus Lifetime Achievement Award: Dirk Nowitzki
- Laureus Academy Exceptional Achievement Award: Spanish Basketball Federation
- Laureus Sport for Good Award: South Bronx United
To see the full list of categories and nominees, visit the 2020 Laureus World Sports Awards.