HOUSTON - One woman is dead and another is in custody after a fight between them ended in gunfire.
Police said the deadly altercation between the women, both in their 20s, might have been over a man.
- 14-year-old girl killed in accidental shooting in Deer Park, police say
- Police: Shooting victim dies after describing drive-by
- Person killed in west Houston shooting, police say
- Man killed during shooting at SW Houston gas station, police say
- Store clerk shot to death during attempted robbery at north Houston…
- Arrest made after former high school football player shot, killed at house party
- Kentucky lawmaker killed himself after sexual assault allegations
The shooting was reported around 8:15 p.m. Sunday outside a home in the 7000 block of Sayers Street in northeast Houston.
Police said a woman drove to the house, where her ex-boyfriend lived, and waited for him to arrive. When he showed up with another woman, she became angry, police said.
The ex-girlfriend picked up a shovel and swung it at the man, according to police. He was able to get the shovel from her before she went to her car, got a knife and walked toward the passenger's side of his vehicle where the other woman was seated, police said.
According to police, the woman, 22, pulled out a gun and shot the ex-girlfriend in the head when the ex-girlfriend opened the car door.
She was pronounced dead at the scene.
A man was detained for questioning.
The woman accused of pulling the trigger was also taken into custody.
It was not immediately known if charges would be filed.
Copyright 2017 by KPRC Click2Houston - All rights reserved.