HOUSTON – Whether you have a question about your rights as a renter, an issue with your employer or a debt collector, volunteer lawyers with the Houston Bar Association are working longer hours right now to help. The Houston Bar Association has expanded its LegalLine process through the end of May.
You can sign up online here to have an attorney call you back with advice and additional resources to help resolve your legal issues. You will be prompted to select an available time slot, then click the “Submit and Sign up” button. You must register by 5 p.m. each Tuesday in order to speak with an attorney the following Wednesday afternoon.
These are the LegalLine dates through the end of May.
- April 8
- April 15
- April 22
- April 29
- May 6
- May 13
- May 20
- May 27
More coronavirus coverage
• Find cases by zip code: Harris County heat map shows coronavirus cases by ZIP code
• Answering your questions: We’ve got answers to dozens and dozens of your health and financial coronavirus questions
• Haley’s Health Inbox: KPRC 2 reporter Haley Hernandez answers questions readers are sending her every day
• Coronavirus charts: Who is getting coronavirus in the Houston area? We’ve crunched the data in these charts
• Follow the curve: This chart shows you the curve for Houston cases since March 15
• When it will peak: This is when each state is expected to peak in deaths from coronavirus
• Support Local: Find all the ways you can help local businesses in Houston