HOUSTON - Is your college or university the most difficult school to get into in the state of Texas?
The researchers at Niche.com used acceptance rates and SAT/ACT test score data from the U.S. Department of Education to rank the "hardest colleges to get into" in the country.
More News Headlines
Rice University and Houston Baptist University cracked the top 10. Rice had an overall Niche grade of A+, as did the University of Texas at Austin, which was ranked second hardest, but Rice's acceptance rate was 15 percent and UT-Austin's rate was 40 percent.
HBU had an overall B grade, with an acceptance rate of 36 percent.
Texas A&M-Galveston, Texas A&M, the University of Houston and UH-Clear Lake ranked Nos. 15 through 18, respectively.
According to the study, here are the top 20 hardest colleges to get into in the state of Texas:
- Rice University
- University of Texas-Austin
- Southern Methodist University
- Trinity University
- Texas Christian University
- Houston Baptist University
- Baylor University
- LeTourneau University
- Southwestern University
- University of Texas-Dallas
- Austin College
- Dallas Baptist University
- Abilene Christian University
- Texas Wesleyan University
- Texas A&M University-Galveston
- Texas A&M University
- University of Houston
- University of Houston-Clear Lake
- Hardin-Simmons University
- Texas Tech University
Copyright 2017 by KPRC Click2Houston - All rights reserved.