With the holiday season officially here, many people are likely looking ahead to Black Friday, and anticipating all the deals and promotions we’ll be seeing.
Black Friday is a perfect time to score some sales on those big-ticket items that you might have been waiting on; for example, TVs, laptops, video game consoles or fitness trackers.
Speaking of TVs, if it’s a TV that you’re in the market to buy, have you heard of NEXTGEN?
NEXTGEN TV, also known as ATSC 3.0, is the latest digital television technology. It combines over-the-air broadcast with the internet. It’s the new, modern signal standard for broadcast TV.
If that sounds a little too “techie” for you, we’ll break it down this way: When you watch with NEXTGEN, it takes your TV-viewing to the next level. You’ll experience stunning video with brilliant color, sharper images and deeper contrast that will make you feel like you’re really there. You can feel the power of movie theater-quality sound that lets you hear every voice clearly and offers consistent volume across channels. It’s a whole new ballgame.
NEXTGEN will be broadcast on KPRC, and in Houston, starting Dec. 2. So the timing is just right: If you buy a new NEXTGEN TV on or around Black Friday, you’ll be all set to enjoy the technology the following week.
We’ll all have one of these eventually, and on our end, we’re excited, as broadcasters, to make this a better viewing experience for you, our loyal watchers and readers. This new technology will be an enhancement of our broadcast stream.
Learn more about what you can expect, and why you should make the switch, by clicking or tapping here.
Here are some of the deals you can expect this Black Friday:
*For reference: A low price point is considered to be in the $200 to $600 range; a mid-level TV will run you $601 to $900, and “luxe” is considered $901 or more.
- Sony - 43″ Class X80J Series LED 4K UHD Smart Google TV - $549.99; was $599.99
- Sony - 55″ Class X80J Series LED 4K UHD Smart Google TV - $599.99; was $799.99
- Sony - 50″ Class X85J Series LED 4K UHD Smart Google TV - $749.99; was $849.99
- Sony - 65″ Class X80J Series LED 4K UHD Smart Google TV - $799.99; was $999.99
- Sony - 55″ Class BRAVIA XR X90J Series LED 4K UHD Smart Google TV - $999.99; was $1,199.99
- Samsung - 50″ Class QN90A Neo QLED 4K UHD Smart Tizen TV - $1,199.99; was $1,449.99
- LG - 55″ Class G1 Series OLED evo 4K UHD Smart webOS TV with Gallery Design - $1,699.99; was $1,999.99
- Sony - 55″ Class 4K Ultra HD LED Smart Google TV with Dolby Vision HDR - $649.99; was $799.99
- Sony - 65″ Class 4K Ultra HD LED Smart Google TV with Dolby Vision HDR - $849.99; was $999.99
- Sony - 55″ Class BRAVIA XR OLED 4K Ultra HD Smart Google TV with Dolby Vision HDR - $2,798; was $2,999.99
- Samsung - QN65QN800A 65″ Neo QLED 8K Smart TV - $2,497.99; was $3,499.99
*The following are not specifically for Black Friday, but are reduced, and/or fall into the following categories.
- Sony - 50″ Class KD50X80J 4K Ultra HD LED Smart Google TV with Dolby Vision HDR X80J Series 2021 Model - $598; was $698
- Sony - 50″ Class KD50X85J 4K Ultra HD LED Smart Google TV with Dolby Vision HDR X85J Series 2021 model - $748; was $848
- Sony - XR50X90J 50″ 4K High Dynamic Range Bravia Smart TV with an Additional 1 Year Coverage by Epic Protect (2021) - $952.44; was $1,166.05
- Sony - KD55X85J 55″ 4K High Definition Resolution LED-Backlit LCD Smart TV with an Additional 4 Year Coverage by Epic Protect (2021) - $1,038.54; was $1,188.54