HOUSTON - Houston firefighters responded to a Kingwood home Friday, after a bolt of lightning sparked a fire at the house.
Fire officials said a husband and wife were in their home on Tree Lane near Plum Valley Drive when the fire started.
The couple reportedly heard a loud noise and then smelled smoke. They called 911, and Houston firefighters rushed to the scene.
Despite the quick response of the fire crews, the home was still badly damaged in the early-morning fire.
Copyright 2014 by Click2Houston.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.