HOUSTON – With the fall season in full swing and the scariest night of the year quickly approaching, those in search of a good haunt are not limited to haunted houses, ghost tours and family friendly seasonal festivities.
Yelp has compiled a list of the Top 20 most haunted restaurants and bars in Texas, as well as a list of the state’s 15 most haunted hotels. The consumer review website identified businesses in the restaurants, bars, and hotel categories, then ranked them using factors like volume and ratings of reviews mentioning specific keywords.
For those in search of a ghostly night on the town, the locations listed below are the perfect way to unite your love of Halloween with some age-appropriate adult fun.
Houston’s La Carafe, located at 813 Congress St., ranked number one for Texas’ haunted bars. La Carafe was built in 1847 and has the honor of being Houston’s longest standing building. It is rumored that Sam Houston spent a night there days before his death in 1863. According to Yelp users, the place is dimly lit with an old timey feel that creates an eerie ambiance, all aspects that work together to bolster its ghost-filled reputation. The haunted hangout only takes cash due to its cash register being 100 years old.
Houston residents may also recognize locations such as Dean’s Downtown (No. 10), or Hotel ICON, Autograph Collection (No. 13), which made the restaurant/bar and hotel lists respectively and happen to be a two-minute walk from one another.
Yelp’s top 20 haunted restaurants and bars in Texas:
- La Carafe - Houston
- Moonshine Patio Bar & Grill - Austin
- The Driskill Bar - Austin
- Clay Pit - Austin
- 1886 Cafe & Bakery - Austin
- Faust Brewing Company - New Braunfels
- Menger Bar - San Antonio
- The Tavern - Austin
- Wunsche Bros Cafe & Saloon - Spring
- Dean’s Downtown - Houston
- The Esquire Tavern - San Antonio
- Blackbeard’s On The Beach - Corpus Christi
- Casino El Camino - Austin
- Guillermo’s - San Antonio
- Bowen House - Dallas
- Galvez Bar & Grill - Galveston
- Hubcap Grill - Galveston
- Sons of Hermann Hall - Dallas
- Dumont’s Down Low Bar - Austin
- Phoenix Saloon - New Braunfels
Yelp’s top 15 haunted hotels in Texas:
- The Driskill - Austin
- Menger Hotel - San Antonio
- The Tremont House - Galveston
- Miss Molly’s Hotel - Fort Worth
- Jefferson Hotel - Jefferson
- The St. Anthony, a Luxury Collection Hotel, San Antonio - San Antonio
- The Adolphus, Autograph Collection - Dallas
- The Faust Hotel - New Braunfels
- Drury Plaza Hotel Riverwalk - San Antonio - San Antonio
- The Crockett Hotel - San Antonio
- Holland Hotel - Alpine
- Hotel ICON, Autograph Collection - Houston
- Olle Hotel - Flatonia
- Stockyards Hotel - Fort Worth