Beef and Pickle Tacos
- 1lb ground beef
- 3-4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large boiled russet potatoes, peel left on, sliced
- 1 heaping teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 heaping teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 heaping teaspoon dry oregano
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Corn tortillas
- Canola oil for frying tortillas
- McClure’s Dill Pickle Spears, sliced
- Finely grated cheddar cheese
- Hot sauce
- In a medium sauté pan over medium heat, sauté ground beef in olive oil until browned through. Use a spoon or spatula to break the ground beef up as it cooks.
- Add all the dry spices and cook for 3 minutes more making sure that the ground beef is cooked though completely.
- Add the sliced potatoes and toss to combine. Remove from heat and place in a bowl. Clean the sauté pan.
- Add a few tablespoons of canola oil to the sauté pan and place over medium heat until oil heats through. Fry tortillas until each side is crisp and lightly golden brown. Drain tortillas on a paper towel.
- To serve, spoon beef mixture into fried tortillas. Add a few slices of kosher pickles and grated cheese. Add hot sauce. Fold and enjoy!
Copyright 2018 by KPRC Click2Houston - All rights reserved.