Icy roads reported in Houston area
HOUSTON – A wintry mix that fell across southeast Texas coated many roads in the Houston area with a sheet of ice, prompting officials to close down many highways.
Here's the latest information from Houston TranStar about road conditions across the metro area.
Road closures due to ice:
- IH-45 GULF HOV Northbound Between FM-1959 DIXIE FARM RD to DOWLING Ice HOV Lane, HOV Entrance, HOV Exit, HOV Ramp
- IH-69 SOUTHWEST HOV Northbound Between W BELLFORT AVE to SHEPHERD DR Ice HOV Lane, HOV Entrance, HOV Exit, HOV Ramp
- IH-10 KATY HOV Eastbound Between STUDEMONT ST to WASHINGTON Ice HOV Lane, HOV Entrance, HOV Exit, HOV Ramp
- US-290 NORTHWEST HOV Eastbound Between ELDRIDGE PKY to IH-10 KATY Ice HOV Lane, HOV Entrance, HOV Exit, HOV Ramp
- IH-45 NORTH HOV Southbound Between PARRAMATTA LN to IH-10 EAST Ice HOV Lane, HOV Entrance, HOV Exit, HOV Ramp
- IH-69 EASTEX HOV Southbound Between LOOP 494/MC CLELLAN to COLLINGSWORTH ST Ice HOV Lane, HOV Entrance, HOV Exit, HOV Ramp
Ice on roadway locations
- IH-10 KATY Eastbound At SH-99 GRAND PARKWAY Exit Ramp
- IH-10 KATY Westbound At SH-99 GRAND PARKWAY Exit Ramp
- IH-45 NORTH Northbound At BELTWAY 8-NORTH
- IH-45 NORTH Southbound At BELTWAY 8-NORTH Left Lane,Center Lane
- IH-45 Northbound At SH-242 in Montgomery County Exit Ramp
- IH-69 SOUTHWEST Southbound At SPUR 527 Left Lane
- BELTWAY 8-NORTH Eastbound At ANTOINE DR 1 Frontage Road Lane
All HOV lanes were closed Thursday morning as a result of icy conditions.
ICYMI: ALL HOV Lanes are currently closed. Buses will utilize the main lanes. ^A https://t.co/gGFe3ZolMN— METRO Houston (@METROHouston) January 18, 2018
We aren’t in the clear just yet...here are your icy locations on this Thursday. Any questions? I’ll answer those as well. KPRC2 / Click2HoustonPosted by Jennifer Reyna TX on Thursday, January 18, 2018
Copyright 2018 by KPRC Click2Houston - All rights reserved.