KPRC is a #1 NBC affiliate and a Graham Media Group station with strong ratings and deep community ties. We are known for our aggressive news coverage and for our support of local causes. HOUSTON LIFE, our live, daily Lifestyle program, just celebrated its second anniversary of delivering consumable content to its growing audience both on air and online.
The role: A Houston Life multi-platform MMJ/Producer is a passionate, energetic and engaging story teller both on air and behind the scenes. This MMJ/Producer will get the opportunity to work in an entertaining and fast paced, collaborative environment, and will be expected to communicate with guests, co-hosts and other show producers to create fresh, fun, informative segments for all platforms a daily basis. All stories and segments must be fully produced and be monitored through completion/airing on broadcast, social media, web and the Houston Life app.
The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated and proactive MMJ with a successful track record of producing live, lifestyle content under tight deadlines. The ideal candidate should be able to multi-task, have strong editorial judgment, and be a forward, quick-thinking team player. Strong mentoring and interpersonal skills are imperative in this role. You must love research and have lots of creative ideas for making all segments active, fun, informative, and contextual in nature on ALL Houston Life platforms.
• Book, shoot, edit and front creative and engaging, visual stories.
• Produce and execute high energy live shots.
• Fill in co-host when needed.
• Must be able to operate editing systems, cameras, audio equipment and some lighting fixtures in a live television environment.
• Book a wide variety of interesting, entertaining guests from various fields including cooking, crafts, community events, lifestyle issues, health, etc.
• Conduct pre-interviews, develop conceptual ideas, and work with talent and production staff to develop program segments.
• Produce elements (graphics, props, games) for guest segments.
• Booth and back time the live, daily program.
• Record and edit video for pre-produced segments.
• Write and edit copy for on-air, website, and promotional use.
• Create exclusive, promotable content for digital platforms, including social media & Click2houston.com/houstonlife
• Contribute to developing long-term coverage ideas for the show, including special segments, sales initiatives, fun and entertaining segment ideas, compelling content.
• Work with KPRC2’s Sales Department to secure and deliver quality and entertaining sponsored integrations.
• Work with producers and interns to respond to listener requests and emails.
• Manage archives for “best of” show clips for future episodes.
• 5+ years of experience working on-air in a daily, live program on TV or radio.
• Experience in line producing live television desired. Familiarity with iNews a plus.
• Excellent organizational and leadership skills.
• Expert in current and emerging social media platforms.
• Ability to take direction working in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines.
• Must be comfortable meeting all booked guests and “prepping” them and the co-hosts for each segment.
• Strong ability to write and edit copy; strong video editor.
• Ability to lift props and scenery.
• Knowledge of various research sources (web, print, film, tape, sound, music) with particular emphasis on expertise in using social media as a research tool.
• Self-starter, eager to work on a small team, performing a wide range of functions.
• Understand KPRC2’s presence in the community and the core values associated with our brand.
• Prior knowledge of Ignite, Overdrive or ELC automated production systems a plus.
To apply please send resume and reel via email to:
Katie Meyers, Houston Life Executive Producer
KPRC - TV Channel 2
8181 Southwest Freeway
Houston, Texas 77074
No Phone Calls Please
Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screening, investigative background check, employment/education verifications and reference checks. You must hold a valid driver’s license and be insurable under Texas Law.
KPRC-TV is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In addition to complying with the requirements of federal law, KPRC-TV will comply with applicable state and local laws prohibiting employment discrimination.
Copyright 2018 by KPRC Click2Houston - All rights reserved.