KPRC is a #1 NBC affiliate and a Graham Media Group station with strong ratings and deep community ties. We are known for our aggressive news coverage and for our support of local causes. HOUSTON LIFE, our live, daily lifestyle program, just celebrated its second anniversary of delivering engaging content to its growing audience both on air and online.
The role: Houston Life’s Photographer (Photojournalist) is a passionate, energetic and engaging visual story teller. The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated and proactive photojournalist with a successful track record of shooting and editing both live and pre-taped news and lifestyle content under tight deadlines. This candidate will get the opportunity to work in an entertaining and fast-paced, collaborative environment. They will be expected to communicate with guests, co-hosts clients and show producers to create fresh, fun, informative segments for all platforms a daily basis.
- Operate steady cam on-set during Houston Life’s hour-long, daily live show
- Serve as field producer & photographer at on-location shoots
- Assemble host & reporter packages; enterprise NAT packages as needed
- Work with producers, hosts, MMJs and photographers to maintain production calendar
- Manage personal shooting and editing schedule in order to meet deadlines ahead of schedule
- Shoot and edit promotable content for digital-only platforms, including social media & HoustonLife.TV
- Contribute to developing long-term coverage ideas for the show, including special segments, sales initiatives, fun and entertaining segment ideas, compelling content
- Work with KPRC’s Sales Department to secure and deliver quality and entertaining sponsored integrations
- Work with producers to respond to listener requests and emails
- Manage archives for “best of” show clips for future episodes
- Degree in Broadcast Journalism/Production
- Five or more years of experience in news gathering & news production, experience in assembling long form, feature or lifestyle segments and experience in shooting live shows or events
- Be knowledgeable in all aspects of ENG field operations, Edius edit v.7, or newer systems, microwave truck operation, satellite truck experience is a plus, strong understanding of computer/IT workflows, and File Transfer Protocols
- Trained and skilled in using DSLR and professional series cameras
- Be a decisive problem solver - possess strong content judgment and the ability to solve technical issues in the field under pressure
- Self-starter, eager to work on a small team, performing a wide range of functions.
- Ability to lift props and scenery
- Be self-motivated, collaborative and possess a high level of creativity to tell stories with sound and images
- Digital media savvy
- Be a team player and leader - work with others efficiently under daily deadline pressure
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule
To apply please send resume via email to:
Katie Meyers, Houston Life Executive Producer
8181 Southwest Freeway
Houston, Texas 77074
Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screening, investigative background check, employment/education verifications and reference checks. You must hold a valid driver’s license and be insurable under Texas Law.
No Phone Calls Please
KPRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In addition to complying with the requirements of federal law, KPRC will comply with applicable state and local laws prohibiting employment discrimination.
Copyright 2018 by KPRC Click2Houston - All rights reserved.