KPRC is a consistent leader in a top 10 market, and a part of Graham Media Group, an employee-focused boutique station group.
Our next Photojournalist will be a storyteller with a competitive drive to get the right story to air first.
Who you need to be:
- Be excellent - previous recognition for high performance in Newsgathering & News production
- Be self-motivated, collaborative and possess a high level of creativity to tell stories with sound and images; strong NPPA-style preferred
- Be decisive - possess strong news judgment and digital media savvy
- Be a team player and leader - work with others efficiently under daily deadline pressure
- Be knowledgeable - all aspects of ENG field operations, Edius edit v.7, or newer systems, microwave truck operation, satellite truck experience is a plus, strong understanding of computer/IT workflows, and File Transfer Protocols
- Be a problem solver - solve technical issues in the field under tight deadlines
- 3-5+ years' experience working in a similar broadcast TV marker
- Degree in Broadcast Journalism/Production preferred
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends & holidays as required and be regularly on-call to resolve issues
- Ability to work in a fast paced, deadline driven environment quickly and accurately
To apply please submit your updated resume to:
News Operations Hiring Manager at email@example.com
Location: KPRC - TV 8181 Southwest Freeway Houston, Texas 77074
No Phone Calls Please
Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screening, investigative background check, employment/education verification and reference checks. You must hold a valid driver’s license and be insurable under Texas Law.
KPRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In addition to complying with the requirements of federal law, KPRC will comply with applicable state and local laws prohibiting employment discrimination.
Copyright 2019 by KPRC Click2Houston - All rights reserved.