HOUSTON - As the Texans get set to begin the second half of the season, they are in great position to land a spot in the playoffs thanks to their current five-game winning streak. They're just the 5th team to get to 5-3 after losing their first three games in NFL history.
Some interesting numbers to know for their game against Denver:
- Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson will be playing in his 16th NFL game. His 34 touchdown passes is already more than any other active QB had in their first 16 games. Matthew Stafford has the 2nd-most with 28. Remarkably, fellow second-year QB Patrick Mahomes already has 26 through his first nine career games.
- Among active QBs only six of them had a passer rating of 100 or more through their first 16 games: Mahomes (111.1), Jimmy Garoppolo (107.4), Dak Prescott (104.9), Ben Roethlisberger (104.7), Watson (100.4) and Russell Wilson (100.0)
- Broncos quarterback Case Keenum has fumbled six times this season, that's the second most in the league. He's lost one of those fumbles. The one fumble lost plus his 10 interceptions thrown, puts him on the top of the list for most turnovers (11) by a player this season.
- Texans wide receiver DeAndre Hopkins has at least 50 yards receiving in 17 straight games. If he has.50-or-more receiving yards against Denver, he'll tie Jerry Rice and Warren Wells (18) for the fourth-longest streak in NFL history. His 17-game streak is the longest active streak in the league.
- Texans defense is allowing 3.59 yards per carry, which ranks 3rd in the NFL & 1st in the AFC. Interestingly, the Broncos offense ranks 1st in the NFL in rushing yard per attempt at 5.30.
- Last 4 games the Texans pass defense has allowed 83 completions on 138 attempts, 766 net yards, 3 TD & 6 INT for a passer rating of 69.1 - which is the lowest for any team over the last 4 week.s
Copyright 2018 by KPRC Click2Houston - All rights reserved.