(CNN) - The sky is lovely, dark and deep. But these golfers in Hawaii have rounds to go before they sleep.
Stunning photos taken at Hawaii's Big Island on Tuesday show golfers coolly hitting the links even as a monstrous ash plume looms behind them.
- Volcano erupts in Hawaii
- Hawaii on red alert due to ash clouds, shooting lava
- Lava oozing from Kilauea may get hotter, spew farther
- Hawaii volcano eruption brings new evacuation order
- Volcano's impact is isolated, Hawaiian official says
- Volcanic ash covers Hawaii's Big Island
- New fissure erupts lava in Hawaii
The eruption of the Kilauea volcano has already destroyed houses, caused evacuations and threatened to wreak havoc on Hawaii's tourism industry. On Tuesday, a plume of ash from the volcano rose 12,000 feet into the air, dropping ash on large sections of the island.
The US Geological Survey issued a red alert on Tuesday warning of an imminent major eruption.
But clearly, not everyone was so worried.
Copyright 2018 by CNN NewSource. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.