Houston Texans host Pink Ribbon Day this Sunday
This Sunday is the annual Pink Ribbon Day game and the Houston Texans will face their AFC South rival, the Indianapolis Colts.
Pink Ribbon Day, presented by Kroger, supports Breast Cancer Awareness Month and celebrates individuals and their loved ones who have been affected by cancer.
This week’s events included a special visit to the Houston Methodist Outpatient Cancer Center by Texans mascot, TORO, the Texans cheerleaders and the Texans players, Jaelen Strong, Greg Mancz, David Quessenberry and Lamar Miller.
The group signed autographs, delivered gifts and enjoyed a meal with patients and their families during the visit.
Sunday’s game will feature a wide variety of in-game entertainment and here is what to look for:
- The Coin Toss Captains will be breast cancer survivor Mrs. Janice McNair accompanied by members of the Houston Texans family.
- Four-time MLB All-Star and 2016 American League Batting Champion, Houston Astros second baseman Jose Altuve will serve as the Homefield Advantage Captain.
- Texans season ticket members and their loved ones affected by cancer will hold the Texas flag.
- Cassadee Pope will sing the national anthem during pregame festivities. She is the winner of “The Voice” and she won the 2014 CMT Music Awards Breakthrough Video of the Year and is currently nominated for her duet with Chris Young, “Think of You,” at the CMA Awards.
- The U.S. Army All-Female Team will participate as the color guard.
- The Band Perry will perform on-field at halftime with Houston Texans Cheerleaders and breast cancer survivors. They are the 2015 GRAMMY Award winners, three-time CMA Award winners and CMT Award winners for their hit single, “If I Die Young.”
“Beat The Colts” cheer cards will be given to fans at every gate upon entry to the stadium.