ROANOKE, Va. - The American Heart Association is seeking volunteers to help knit and crochet for babies.
The recruitment effort is part of the organization's Little Hats, Big Hearts initiative. The red hats will be given out to thousands of babies during American Heart Month in order to empower moms to live heart-healthy lives and to help their children do the same, according to the organization.
The American Heart Association is asking that donated hats be made with red cotton or acrylic yarns of medium to heavy weight. The yarn also needs to be machine washable and dryable.
If knitting or crocheting is not your cup of tea, the American Heart Association is also accepting yarn donations.
Below is the list of Virginia hospitals participating in 2017:
- Bon Secours DePaul Medical Center
- Bon Secours Mary Immaculate Hospital
- Bon Secours Maryview Medical Center
- Bon Secours Memorial Regional Hospital
- Bon Secours St. Francis Medical Center
- Bon Secours St. Mary's Hospital
- Centra Lynchburg General Hospital
- Centra Virginia Baptist Hospital
- Danville Regional Medical Center
- LewisGale Hospital Montgomery
- LewisGale Medical Center
- Lonesome Pine Hospital
- Mary Washington Hospital
- Memorial Hospital of Martinsville
- North Community Hospital
- Riverside Shore Memorial Hospital
- Sentara Halifax Regional Hospital
- Sentara Martha Jefferson Hospital
- Sentara Norfolk General Hospital
- Sentara Obici Hospital
- Sentara RMH Medical Center
- Sentara Williamsburg Regional Medical Center
- Stafford Hospital
- Warren Memorial Hospital
- Wythe County Community Hospital
Click here for more information.
Copyright 2017 by WSLS 10 - All rights reserved.