Homeowner tries to extinguish fire with garden hose

HFD: One victim treated for smoke inhalation

By Cody Schultz - News Producer
Headline Goes Here

HOUSTON - Arson investigators are trying to figure out what sparked a fire in the garage of a  Southeast Houston home.

According to the Houston Fire Department, the fire broke out late Sunday night behind a home on Intervale Street and Dexter. The noise woke up the homeowner, who ran out to try and douse the flames with a garden hose.

Firefighters arrived shortly after and got the flames under control. The house suffered minor damage.

The family made it out, though the homeowner's wife suffered minor smoke inhalation and was treated on the scene.

Copyright 2014 by Click2Houston.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.