HFD: unattended stove starts house fire

Headline Goes Here

HOUSTON - Firefighters blamed an unattended stove for starting a house fire in southeast Houston.

Around 1:15 a.m. Friday, the Houston Fire Department responded to a fire and found flames and smoke coming from a one-story home on Bungalow Lane near Sandrock Drive.

Firefighters said they made an offensive attack and managed to get the fire under control.

According to the fire chief, a woman and her brother were home at the time.  The brother was cooking in the kitchen, but he left the house with food still on the stove. 

Firefighters said the stove caught fire and the flames spread to the kitchen and the living room.  Both the woman and her brother escaped unscathed.

No one else was injured in the fire.

Copyright 2013 by Click2Houston.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.