HFD: Kitchen fire damages apartments

Headline Goes Here

HOUSTON - A fire damaged three units at an apartment complex in northeast Houston.

Around 1 a.m. Tuesday, Houston firefighters responded to an apartment fire at a complex on Bennington Street and Hoffman Street.  When crews arrived at the scene, they found smoke coming from a third floor apartment. 

According to firefighters, the fire started in the kitchen after someone left unattended food on the stove.  The hood of the stove caught fire and triggered the sprinkler system.

Firefighters said the sprinklers caused water damage to two apartments directly underneath the apartment where the fire originated.

No one was injured in the fire.

Copyright 2013 by Click2Houston.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.