Family escapes house fire

Headline Goes Here

HOUSTON - A family escaped a house fire in northeast Houston that firefighters said started with an electrical short in the attic.

Around 3 a.m., firefighters responded a house fire on Old Creek and Casa Grande.  When they arrived, they found a one-story brick home with heavy fire pouring from the back of the house and the roof.

Firefighters said they made an offensive attack and got the fire under control.

According to HFD, there were three adults and one child home at the time of the fire:  a young husband and wife, the husband's brother, and a 2-year-old.  They managed to get out of the house safely.

Firefighters said the blaze started with an electrical short in the attic that spread to a back bedroom and the roof.

No one was injured in the fire.

Copyright 2013 by All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.