HOUSTON - Two men were rushed to a hospital with burns on their hands and feet after being shocked at a worksite.
The Harris County Sheriff's Office said the men, both in their 50s, are contract workers and were doing work for the developer CastleRock Communities in the Riata West subdivision off Barker Cypress Road in Cypress.
Investigators said the men were putting in a flagpole. When it started to lean, they grabbed it and tried to keep it from falling, but it came in contact with the power lines above.
"I knew something had happened, I just didn't know what," said Roy Glaster, who lives down the street. "The lights went off and came back on, then went back off again."
Glaster said the power was out for about two minutes.
CastleRock Communities, the company the men were doing work for, said that the two men install signs and flagpoles for them and that they are praying for them to recover.
Investigators did not release the identities or conditions of the men.
Copyright 2012 by Click2Houston.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.