Space heater blammed for house fire

Headline Goes Here

HOUSTON - A space heater caused a fire that destroyed a family of five's home, according to the Houston Fire Department.

The family said they went out to run an errand and left the space heater running at their home on Marceau and Beauvoir Friday night.

When they came back and opened their front door, smoke came pouring out.

Firefighters were able to put out the fire that fully engulfed the house.

The home was completely destroyed.

No one was injured.

Copyright 2014 by All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.