Restaurant Report Card for May 2: Asian cuisine not lucky

By Amy Davis - Reporter/Consumer Expert

HOUSTON - It was not a good week for Asian cuisine, especially two restaurants along a major northwest side highway. The fortune for 528 Asian Bistro on the Tomball Parkway near Greens Road didn't come in a cookie.

Instead, it was a health inspection and it told owners here to eliminate the presence of roach activity after an inspector saw one crawling across a prep table in the kitchen.

An employee at 528 Asian Bistro let us take a quick peek inside the kitchen  and we didn't see any roaches.

Just up the road at the Hong Long Vietnamese restaurant on 249 near Gessner, an inspector says he saw a large cockroach crawling on the wall behind cooking equipment in the kitchen. At the Bellaire Sandwich shop at 13275 Bellaire, there were rodent droppings in the kitchen and slime in the ice machine.

We've got A's this week for Cleburne Cafeteria at 3606 Bissonnet and Wendy's at 1225 Gessner. Both restaurants had spotless inspections.

To see a complete list of restaurant violations in the Houston area, click here. How To File Restaurant Complaint We get our information from the City of Houston Health Department, but many of you have complaints about restaurants in other cities and counties. Refer to the following list to find out which agency to contact depending on the location of the restaurant: * For all complaints about restaurants located in the city of Houston, call 311 or file the complaint online. * Harris County Public Health & Environmental Services inspects and permits all retail food establishments in the unincorporated areas of Harris County as well as in the cities of Tomball, Katy, Jacinto City, Galena Park, La Porte, Morgan's Point, South Houston, Seabrook, El Lago, Southside Place, Hunter's Creek, Piney Point, Bunker Hill, Jersey Village, Spring Valley, Deer Park, Humble, Waller, and West University Place. If you believe you have become ill from ingesting food from an establishment in unincorporated Harris County or in a city inspected by Harris County, please file a complaint at or call them at 713-274-6300. If you are concerned about a food establishment's operations such as cleanliness, food handling procedures, etc., please file a complaint at * To file a complaint about a restaurant in Montgomery County, call the Montgomery County Health Department at 936-539-7839. * To file a complaint about a restaurant Galveston County, call the Galveston County Health Department at 409-938-2300. Use this link to speed the process and file your complaint electronically, or send an email to * To file a complaint about a restaurant in Brazoria County, contact the Brazoria County Health Department. * To file a complaint about a restaurant Fort Bend County, contact the Fort Bend County Health Department. * To file a complaint about a restaurant in Sugar Land use this link or contact the Senior Sanitarian at 281-275-2278 or email If you have a news tip or question for KPRC Local 2 Investigates, drop them an e-mail or call their tipline at (713) 223-TIPS (8477). Copyright 2014 by All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.