Restaurant Report Card for May 9: Repeat offenders make list

By Amy Davis - Reporter/Consumer Expert

HOUSTON - From food trucks to an Uptown seafood restaurant, there are a couple of spots that made a repeat appearance in our Restaurant Report Card.

Local 2 featured the Phamily Bites truck in 2011 when inspectors said they found 20 pounds of food on-board that was off-temperature. This time, inspectors said they found a live roach near the refrigerator. The owner called the discovery "unfortunate" and said he corrected the problem.

At McCormick & Schmick's in Uptown Park, inspectors said they found tan slime in one ice machine and a dark substance in another. It was the same story in 2011.

Inspectors tossed 25 pounds of food that was off-temperature at the Ninfa's inside The Shops at Houston Center on McKinney.

They reported finding a roach in a container of ham and cheese in the TaconMadre truck parked at 7975 Bellfort.

We never leave you with a bad taste in your mouth. Local 2 has two restaurants with spotless inspections that earned Cafe Express between Edloe and Weslayan on the Southwest Freeway an A and Tako Kaliente at 2028 Gessner also got an A.

To see a complete list of restaurant violations in the Houston area, click here. How To File Restaurant Complaint We get our information from the City of Houston Health Department, but many of you have complaints about restaurants in other cities and counties. Refer to the following list to find out which agency to contact depending on the location of the restaurant: * For all complaints about restaurants located in the city of Houston, call 311 or file the complaint online. * Harris County Public Health & Environmental Services inspects and permits all retail food establishments in the unincorporated areas of Harris County as well as in the cities of Tomball, Katy, Jacinto City, Galena Park, La Porte, Morgan's Point, South Houston, Seabrook, El Lago, Southside Place, Hunter's Creek, Piney Point, Bunker Hill, Jersey Village, Spring Valley, Deer Park, Humble, Waller, and West University Place. If you believe you have become ill from ingesting food from an establishment in unincorporated Harris County or in a city inspected by Harris County, please file a complaint at or call them at 713-274-6300. If you are concerned about a food establishment's operations such as cleanliness, food handling procedures, etc., please file a complaint at * To file a complaint about a restaurant in Montgomery County, call the Montgomery County Health Department at 936-539-7839. * To file a complaint about a restaurant Galveston County, call the Galveston County Health Department at 409-938-2300. Use this link to speed the process and file your complaint electronically, or send an email to * To file a complaint about a restaurant in Brazoria County, contact the Brazoria County Health Department. * To file a complaint about a restaurant Fort Bend County, contact the Fort Bend County Health Department. * To file a complaint about a restaurant in Sugar Land use this link or contact the Senior Sanitarian at 281-275-2278 or email If you have a news tip or question for KPRC Local 2 Investigates, drop them an e-mail or call their tipline at (713) 223-TIPS (8477). Copyright 2014 by All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.