Restaurant Report Card for May 30: "Goode" doesn't make the grade

By Amy Davis - Reporter/Consumer Expert

HOUSTON - The weekend is just around the corner; and that means it's time for our Restaurant Report Card. Consumer expert Amy Davis shows us why just because "Goode" is in the restaurant's name doesn't mean it gets a good grade.

Health inspectors gave Goode Company Seafood on Westpark bad marks for keeping raw oysters at the wrong temperature, calling them "potentially hazardous."

They closed Sunrise Taquitos Mexican Grill at 5601 Memorial Drive for not having hot water. They said the beef at Chimichurri's South American Grill at 1660 West Lake Houston Parkway in Kingwood was not only too warm; it was old. They said the beef was dated April 19. They tossed it on May 20.

Majorca Bistro & Tapas wasn't open yet when we dropped by; but, the chef saw our camera and stopped to find out what we were up to.

"They said that they observed roaches throughout the food prep area," Davis told chef Hicham Nafaa."Were you here?"

"No, I wasn't, but I know my place," Nafaa replied. "I don't have any roaches."

"Why would they write that?" Davis followed up.

"I'm not sure," he answered.

After more questions, Nafaa's account quickly went from "no cockroaches" to "no comment."

Our A's this week go to Texas Roadhouse in Humble on the Eastex Freeway near Northpark and PL Teahouse at 2808 Milam. Both restaurants aced their latest inspections.

To see a complete list of restaurant violations in the Houston area, click here. How To File Restaurant Complaint We get our information from the City of Houston Health Department, but many of you have complaints about restaurants in other cities and counties. Refer to the following list to find out which agency to contact depending on the location of the restaurant: * For all complaints about restaurants located in the city of Houston, call 311 or file the complaint online. * Harris County Public Health & Environmental Services inspects and permits all retail food establishments in the unincorporated areas of Harris County as well as in the cities of Tomball, Katy, Jacinto City, Galena Park, La Porte, Morgan's Point, South Houston, Seabrook, El Lago, Southside Place, Hunter's Creek, Piney Point, Bunker Hill, Jersey Village, Spring Valley, Deer Park, Humble, Waller, and West University Place. If you believe you have become ill from ingesting food from an establishment in unincorporated Harris County or in a city inspected by Harris County, please file a complaint at or call them at 713-274-6300. If you are concerned about a food establishment's operations such as cleanliness, food handling procedures, etc., please file a complaint at * To file a complaint about a restaurant in Montgomery County, call the Montgomery County Health Department at 936-539-7839. * To file a complaint about a restaurant Galveston County, call the Galveston County Health Department at 409-938-2300. Use this link to speed the process and file your complaint electronically, or send an email to * To file a complaint about a restaurant in Brazoria County, contact the Brazoria County Health Department. * To file a complaint about a restaurant Fort Bend County, contact the Fort Bend County Health Department. * To file a complaint about a restaurant in Sugar Land use this link or contact the Senior Sanitarian at 281-275-2278 or email If you have a news tip or question for KPRC Local 2 Investigates, drop them an e-mail or call their tipline at (713) 223-TIPS (8477). Copyright 2014 by All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.