Restaurant Report Card for June 8: Customers walk out

By Amy Davis - Reporter/Consumer Expert

HOUSTON - Customers got up and left a restaurant when the owner wouldn't let KPRC Local 2 consumer investigator Amy Davis take a look around the kitchen.

Davis wanted to follow up on Houston health inspector's findings at Coronitas Grill and Bar at 9501 Southwest Freeway.

Inspectors said they saw live roaches in a dish machine area and dead roaches in a mop sink when they stopped by the restaurant on May 23. When they returned on June 4, the inspector wrote, "There are still live roaches in the establishment."

At the French Riviera Bakery at 3032 Chimney Rock, inspectors said they noticed "slight roach activity" in an area where they keep the boxes of soda.

At the New Border China Buffet at 10425 South Post Oak, inspectors asked employees to clean the shelves and food racks of food debris and insect bodies.

To see a complete list of restaurant violations in the Houston area, visit How To File Restaurant Complaint We get our information from the city of Houston Health Department, but many of you have complaints about restaurants in other cities and counties. Refer to the following list to find out which agency to contact depending on the location of the restaurant: * For all complaints about restaurants located in the city of Houston, call 311 or file the complaint online. * Harris County Public Health & Environmental Services inspects and permits all retail food establishments in the unincorporated areas of Harris County as well as in the cities of Tomball, Katy, Jacinto City, Galena Park, La Porte, Morgan's Point, South Houston, Seabrook, El Lago, Southside Place, Hunter's Creek, Piney Point, Bunker Hill, Jersey Village, Spring Valley, Deer Park, Humble, Waller, and West University Place. If you believe you have become ill from ingesting food from an establishment in unincorporated Harris County or in a city inspected by Harris County, please file a complaint at or call them at 713-274-6300. If you are concerned about a food establishment's operations such as cleanliness, food handling procedures, etc., please file a complaint at * To file a complaint about a restaurant in Montgomery County, call the Montgomery County Health Department at 936-539-7839. * To file a complaint about a restaurant Galveston County, call the Galveston County Health Department at 409-938-2300. Use this link to speed the process and file your complaint electronically, or send an email to * To file a complaint about a restaurant in Brazoria County, contact the Brazoria County Health Department. * To file a complaint about a restaurant Fort Bend County, contact the Fort Bend County Health Department. * To file a complaint about a restaurant in Sugar Land use this link or contact the Senior Sanitarian at 281-275-2278 or email If you have a news tip or question for KPRC Local 2 Investigates, drop them an e-mail or call their tipline at (713) 223-TIPS (8477). Copyright 2012 by All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.