Restaurant Report Card for June 13: Get a sweet treat!

By Amy Davis - Reporter/Consumer Expert

HOUSTON - Instead of "Pizza! Pizza!" the slogan of one Little Caesar's location could be "Clean it! Clean it!"

Employees at Little Caesar's on West Little York and Antoine wouldn't open the door to talk with Local 2 about the restaurant's last health inspection.

Inspectors closed the place citing flies, fruit flies, gnats and floors littered with dead and live insects, food and other debris. They have since reopened with the health department's blessing.

At Red Pepper restaurant at 5626 Westheimer, inspectors saw a roach on a shelf in the food storage room; and they said there were rodent droppings in the food storage area of Hunan King at 5714 Chimney Rock.

At Bonefish Grill near Willowbrook at 7877 Willowchase, inspectors quarantined a cooler that wouldn't get colder than 70 degrees.

We've got one A+ this week and it goes to Small Cakes Cupcakery at 1531 Eldridge Parkway. Stop by and grab something sweet!

To see a complete list of restaurant violations in the Houston area, click here. How To File Restaurant Complaint We get our information from the City of Houston Health Department, but many of you have complaints about restaurants in other cities and counties. Refer to the following list to find out which agency to contact depending on the location of the restaurant: * For all complaints about restaurants located in the city of Houston, call 311 or file the complaint online. * Harris County Public Health & Environmental Services inspects and permits all retail food establishments in the unincorporated areas of Harris County as well as in the cities of Tomball, Katy, Jacinto City, Galena Park, La Porte, Morgan's Point, South Houston, Seabrook, El Lago, Southside Place, Hunter's Creek, Piney Point, Bunker Hill, Jersey Village, Spring Valley, Deer Park, Humble, Waller, and West University Place. If you believe you have become ill from ingesting food from an establishment in unincorporated Harris County or in a city inspected by Harris County, please file a complaint at or call them at 713-274-6300. If you are concerned about a food establishment's operations such as cleanliness, food handling procedures, etc., please file a complaint at * To file a complaint about a restaurant in Montgomery County, call the Montgomery County Health Department at 936-539-7839. * To file a complaint about a restaurant Galveston County, call the Galveston County Health Department at 409-938-2300. Use this link to speed the process and file your complaint electronically, or send an email to * To file a complaint about a restaurant in Brazoria County, contact the Brazoria County Health Department. * To file a complaint about a restaurant Fort Bend County, contact the Fort Bend County Health Department. * To file a complaint about a restaurant in Sugar Land use this link or contact the Senior Sanitarian at 281-275-2278 or email If you have a news tip or question for KPRC Local 2 Investigates, drop them an e-mail or call their tipline at (713) 223-TIPS (8477). Copyright 2014 by All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.