Restaurant Report Card for April 4: Off-temperature food

By Amy Davis - Reporter/Consumer Expert

HOUSTON - A movie theater with creepy crawlies and mold growing on your condiments --it's just a taste of what we're featuring in this week's Restaurant Report Card.

The Cajun Stop at 2130 Jefferson brags it was voted the "best Po-boy in Houston," but city health inspectors dinged the dive for letting raw shrimp reach a dangerous 71 degrees. They said the boiled crawfish also was not hot enough.

"She said it either has to be super hot or under 40 degrees," said Cajun Stop's owner Lisa Carnley of the inspector.

Carnley explained the food inspectors found quote "on the floor" was actually in boxes. The food had just been delivered before the inspectors dropped in.

At AMC Willowbrook Theaters on Tomball Parkway, inspectors said they saw baby roaches crawling on a wall in the kitchen.

There was mold growing on the surface of the sweet and sour sauce at Los Chinos Ricos at 2833 Gulf Creek, inspectors said.

Employees at Panda's Chinese Buffet at the 249 West Greens got a "final, final notice" that employees handling food must wear gloves.

In the Heights at Onion Creek at 3106 White Oak , inspectors said the eggs and chili, both sitting at room temperature, were potentially hazardous.

We hope you like subs because this week we've got A's for Quizno's at 3171 West Holcombe and Subway at 9466 Hammerly.

To see a complete list of restaurant violations in the Houston area, click here. How To File Restaurant Complaint We get our information from the City of Houston Health Department, but many of you have complaints about restaurants in other cities and counties. Refer to the following list to find out which agency to contact depending on the location of the restaurant: * For all complaints about restaurants located in the city of Houston, call 311 or file the complaint online. * Harris County Public Health & Environmental Services inspects and permits all retail food establishments in the unincorporated areas of Harris County as well as in the cities of Tomball, Katy, Jacinto City, Galena Park, La Porte, Morgan's Point, South Houston, Seabrook, El Lago, Southside Place, Hunter's Creek, Piney Point, Bunker Hill, Jersey Village, Spring Valley, Deer Park, Humble, Waller, and West University Place. If you believe you have become ill from ingesting food from an establishment in unincorporated Harris County or in a city inspected by Harris County, please file a complaint at or call them at 713-274-6300. If you are concerned about a food establishment's operations such as cleanliness, food handling procedures, etc., please file a complaint at * To file a complaint about a restaurant in Montgomery County, call the Montgomery County Health Department at 936-539-7839. * To file a complaint about a restaurant Galveston County, call the Galveston County Health Department at 409-938-2300. Use this link to speed the process and file your complaint electronically, or send an email to * To file a complaint about a restaurant in Brazoria County, contact the Brazoria County Health Department. * To file a complaint about a restaurant Fort Bend County, contact the Fort Bend County Health Department. * To file a complaint about a restaurant in Sugar Land use this link or contact the Senior Sanitarian at 281-275-2278 or email If you have a news tip or question for KPRC Local 2 Investigates, drop them an e-mail or call their tipline at (713) 223-TIPS (8477). Copyright 2014 by All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.