Neighbor, security guard rescue grandfather from apartment fire

HOUSTON - A neighbor and security guard helped save a grandfather trapped in an apartment fire in northwest Houston.

According to the Houston Fire Department, a family of four was inside their home at the Raghu Apartments in the 8600 block of Pitner when the fire broke out around 4 a.m.

The mom, dad and 6-year-old child were able to escape the home, but the grandfather was left behind. The apartment complex security guard, Officer Carrizales and an upstairs neighbor, rushed inside the apartment and pulled him out from the flames.

According to firefighters, the family was treated on the scene for smoke inhalation. The grandfather, security guard and 6-year-old child were taken to the hospital.

The fire was declared under control at 4:46 a.m.

We will update this story as details become available.

Copyright 2015 by Click2Houston.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.