WASHINGTON, D.C. - American Beef Packers of Chino, California is recalling more than 24,000 pounds of raw beef products that have been deemed unfit for human consumption.
Federal inspectors had retained a carcass for testing, but the carcass was erroneously released and processed before the test results were returned, according to a news release from the department.
The USDA says there have been no confirmed reports of adverse reactions to the products. Under the recall, consumers who purchased the beef are urged to throw them away or return them to the point of purchase.
The raw beef items were produced and packaged on Aug. 21, 2019. The following products are subject to recall:
- Bulk pack combo bins containing "AMERICAN BEEF PACKERS 85 BONELESS BEEF CHUCKS" with LOT NO.110 and BIN No. 85 and BIN No. 86.
- Bulk pack combo bins containing "AMERICAN BEEF PACKERS 90 BONELESS BEEF" with LOT NO. 110 and BIN No. 81, BIN No. 82 and BIN No. 83.
- Bulk pack combo bins containing "AMERICAN BEEF PACKERS 85 BONELESS BEEF" with LOT NO. 25-110 and BIN No. 84 and LOT NO 110 and BIN No. 88.
- Cases containing "AMERICAN BEEF PACKERS RIBEYE 8/10 #1" with codes BT190821-1178, BT190821-1185, BT190821-1188, BT190821-1190, and BT190821-1194.
- 66.2-lb. case containing "AMERICAN BEEF PACKERS RIBEYE 10 UP #1" with code BT190821-1186.
- Bulk pack combo bin containing "AMERICAN BEEF PACKERS 90 BONELESS BEEF SIRLOINS" with LOT NO. 24-110 and BIN No. 80.
- Cases containing "AMERICAN BEEF PACKERS TERDERLOIN 4 UP" with codes BT190821-1160, BT190821-1161, BT190821-1162, BT190821-1163, BT190821-1167, BT190821-1168, BT190821-1169, and BT190821-1170.
- Cases containing "AMERICAN BEEF PACKERS RIBEYE 10 UP" with codes BT190821-1187 and BT190821-1192.
- Cases containing "AMERICAN BEEF PACKERS TENDERLOIN 3/4" with codes BT190821-1155, BT190821-1157, BT190821-1171, BT190821-1200, BT190821-1201, BT190821-1202, BT190821-1203, BT190821-1204, and BT190821-1205.
- 50-lb. cases containing "AMERICAN BEEF PACKERS DESC: BEEF FOR FURTHER PROCESSING 75/25" with lot code 08347412719.
The products subject to recall bear establishment number "EST. 34741" inside the USDA mark of inspection. These items were shipped to federal establishments in California and Oregon.
Distributed by LAKANA. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.