BAMBERG, N.C. - A 6-year-old South Carolina boy is safe and back with his family after sleeping through an ordeal that left his mother terrified.
Jill Goolsby stepped into a Bamberg gas station to pay Sunday, leaving her son Braxxton asleep in the back seat.
More National Headlines
- Woman kicked, tied up during home invasion robbery
- Woman accused of drinking before crash that injured DPS trooper ordered…
- Sheriff: 3 Harris County jailers suspended after hitting restrained inmate
- Woman leaves special-needs patient in hot car to go shopping, police say
- Man confesses on Facebook Live after shooting ex-wife, killing son, police say
Moments later she turned to see the car was gone.
As quickly as I handed her the money and looked away from my car to hand her the money and looked to see the pump and that's how quick he had jumped in and left," Goolsby said.
Security video shows a man walking to her car, jumping in it, and driving away.
Goolsby and the gas station attendant quickly called police.
About an hour later, another 911 call came in.
Read more at WAGT.